ONE SIMPLE QUESTION
Ugly Duckling started with one simple question: why can't a professional color line be gentle on the hair?
We wanted to give hair professionals a new way of coloring that would give softness and shine as well as color vibrancy.
ONE SIMPLE ANSWER
Thanks to Argan Oil, Ugly Duckling gives outstanding color results and great hair condition at the same time.
Hair which is actually smoother, plumper and softer after coloring compared to before.
In addition to Argan oil, here are 10 innovations that we have packed into our hair color and hair care.
- Our toners are the fastest acting and whitest on the market.
- Our ashes are ashier than any on the market. So they cut brassiness.
- Our ash grey additive and ash blue additive & our blue based ashes will get you the perfect color neutralization for almost any color correction situation.
- Our colors are more long lasting than other colors on the market and give richer, more 3D results.
- Consistent creamy quality. A bigger range of pre-blended colors. Large tube sizes.
- High lift colors for customers who wish to avoid using bleach.
- Liquid toners for blondes looking to refresh & tone highlights. They work in 10 minutes and are ammonia-free.
- No staining, no bleeding on any of our colors. So you can do shadow roots and melts.
- Anti-breakage bleach, anti-breakage hair products. To strengthen blonde hair and make bleaching EASY.
- Purple shampoo and mask for toning away yellow from blonde color. Sulfate-free and acid based.
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH PRODUCTS TO BRING OUT?
We work very closely with a select group of hair colorists around the world.
These are the same ones who produce our video tutorials.
We brainstorm with them about how to solve their coloring problems.
So in other words, our products are developed with the most demanding hairdressers in mind.
Which is why they work.
WHERE DO I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
On our website. Please fill in your details including your cosmetology license to open your account.
Shipping is free for US customers for orders above $25.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY PRODUCTS?
We ship out orders on the same day with a 12 noon cut off (Pacific Standard Time) from our distribution center in LA.
Regular shipping generally takes around 4-5 days. It can be a little faster or slower depending on your exact zip code.
Please note that our distribution center is not accessible to the general public.
It is not possible to pass by and "pick up some products"!
HOW CAN I BE SURE YOUR PRODUCTS WON'T GET DIVERTED?
Because we are fully in control of our own distribution and because we monitor prices very carefully.
For more information, please read our anti-diversion policy .
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS ANIMAL CRUELTY FREE?
Yes they are. We are against all testing on animals.
We also don't sell in China, where animal testing is required (unbelievable and unconscionable, but true).
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WITH SCALP ALLERGIES?
Our colors are paraben-free. Our hair care is sulfate-free, acidic and gluten free.
In addition, our products contain Argan Oil as well as special conditioners, some of which are patented.
However, we are first and foremost a fashion company.
And for us, the visible results do come first.
So depending on the product, our products could contain ammonia, PPDs and persulfates in order to achieve lift and color.
We always advise that the use of all color products should be preceded by a scalp allergy test and a strand test.
If you have known scalp issues, please consult a dermatologist. Not us.
CAN I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE THE US?
We now have a distribution center in Europe which caters to all European customers as well as the United Kingdom.
We ship to all other countries from US.
There is an additional shipping charge for international shipping.
DO YOU OFFER COLORING TUTORIALS?
We hear this question a lot! Here's the answer:
- We concentrate our education on producing education content in the form of video tutorials as well as detailed articles.
- We try and upload something new pretty much every couple of days.
- These all go out on our own web site, as well as all our social media pages: FB, IG, Youtube, Pinterest, Tiktok, Twitter.
- We are always very happy to answer coloring questions. Just write to use via the contact us form or message us on FB, IG, Twitter.
- We also reply to every single message or coloring question from customers.
- If you subscribe to our newsletters you will get color training ideas and videos straight in your inbox.
Very often customers send in images of their clients' hair, and when this happens we always try make a recommendation.
There is of course no one solution when hair coloring is concerned.
But hopefully our customers take our answers and suggestions in the spirit that it is offered - as a suggestion, and nothing more.
DO YOU GIVE BETTER PRICING TO PROFESSIONAL STYLISTS & BEAUTY STORES?
Yes we do. There are 2 tiers of professional pricing.
(1) Privilege Partner
Privilege Partner pricing entitles you to the following benefits:
- Savings, even when buying just one tube of color.
- Access to even better pricing on bulk purchases (minimum 24 tubes).
- Special stylist-only deals.
If you like our color and intend to use our products on a regular basis in your salon, we do recommend you go for this.
In order to apply for the Privilege Partner Program, just visit our deals page and fill in the short form.
Remember to upload a current cosmetology license. We will get back to you within 2 days.
Wholesale terms is an even better discount level and is designed for beauty stores and salon owners.
The minimum purchase is $500 net but you do get full wholesale pricing terms across our entire catalogue.
You get to pick what you want, there are no constraints.
Totally worth it if you plan on stocking our products and also retailing our haircare.
If you are interested in this, please contact us directly via the contact us form and explain that you are looking for wholesale terms.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN WHOLESALE/DISTRIBUTOR ENQUIRIES?
Yes we are. See above.
Many wholesalers do work with us and find that our brand makes an interesting and profitable addition to their current portfolio of products.
If you have a beauty store or a large salon and you would like to purchase Ugly Duckling products at competitive prices over and above regular salon discounts please do contact us through the contact us form.
CAN COSMETOLOGY STUDENTS BUY YOUR PRODUCTS?
Small quantities, yes. At trade shows, yes.
But in order to purchase larger quantities and for special pricing and deals, you do need to be fully qualified.
Our hair coloring products are not really suitable for trainees.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU GUYS?
The best way is to contact us via the contact us form. You can also email, FB or IG message us.
We aim to respond to all emails & messages within 24 hours.
Your parcel and your questions are important to us, which is why we also reply on weekends and public holidays.
HOW COME I CAN'T FIND YOUR PHONE NUMBER?
Well, obviously we do have a phone!
But we have found that we can deal much more efficiently with written requests.
That way, we will have your order details and customer IDa and will be able to treat your request more efficiently.
So please do contact us via the contact us form.
We reply to all messages within 24 hours.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Real Products for Real Hairdressers.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Help colorists make the most of their talents and produce ultra-visible color changes.
WHAT WE PROMISE YOU
To treat you fairly.
Most of our customers are customers who have bought before. Some have bought 20 or 30 times.
We hope you will become one of them!